Details for OUACHITA RIVER School District will accept sealed Contractor Bids for
OUACHITA RIVER School District will accept sealed Contractor Bids for a New Cafetorium at the Acorn Campus of the Ouachita River School District, Mena, Arkansas. Proposals will be accepted at the Superintendent's Office, 143 Polk 96, Mena, Arkansas, no later than 2:00 p.m. on September 26, 2017. Bids will be publicly opened & read aloud at the time & date mentioned. Interested parties are invited to attend.
Proposals shall be contained within an envelope clearly identified with the project=s name & contractor=s name.
The Owner, unless designated to another entity, supervises the bidding & awarding of all construction contracts, approves contracts, change orders & requests for payment.
Contract documents may be examined at the office of the Architecture Plus or the plan room listed below:
Fort Smith Blueprint:
Fort Smith, AR
A complete set of contract documents may only be obtained from Architecture Plus for a refundable deposit of $100.00 per set. In order to receive plan deposit refund ALL sets must be returned in satisfactory condition within 10 days (without exception) of the bid date.
Contractors wishing to have documents shipped to them must provide Architecture Plus with a FedEx or UPS shipping number. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the contractors, sub-contractors or suppliers. Shipping costs will not be paid for by Architecture Plus or the Owner.
Obtaining contract documents through any source other than Architecture Plus is not advisable due to the risk of receiving incomplete or inaccurate information, & the bidder runs the risk of basing bidder=s proposal on such information. The documents obtained through the Architect are considered the official version & take precedence if any discrepancies occur.
Bid Security in the amount of 5% of the bid must accompany each bid in excess of $20,000.00 in accordance with the Supplement to Instructions to Bidders.
The successful bidder on construction that exceeds $20,000.00 shall provide a performance & payment bond for 100% of the contract amount. This bond must be filed in the county where the work is being performed before authorization to proceed is granted.
All bidders must conform to the requirements of the Arkansas State Licensing Law for General Contractors. All general contractors submitting a proposal/bid shall be licensed on the day of bid opening.
No bidder may withdraw his bid within 60 days after the bid date.
Davis-Bacon Prevailing Wage Rates does not apply to this project.
The Owner reserves the right to waive any formalities, reject any & all bids & to accept bids which are in their best interest.
Ouachita River Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Published in The Mena Star on 9-6-17, & 9-13-17, 80479
- This Is the Most Educated City in Arkansas
- Arkansas law enforcement agencies speak about increased violence against officers
- Report from Department of Health shows Arkansas has wasted 248K vaccines
- Pharmacies across Arkansas struggle with staffing shortages
- Mena Police Report, October 2, 2021
- OBITUARY: Mary Teresa Echols
- OBITUARY: Kenneth Ray Buntin
- Sheriff's Report 9/26/21
- Medical Marijuana sales hit record high, some patients concerned of high prices
- OBITUARY: Virginia Lea Parker
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive an email when a new e-Edition is posted? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Looking for a loved one?
- Supreme Court rejects another attempt to halt Texas abortion ban
- Montana State's RJ Fitzgerald returns from brutal injury at opportune time
- Steven M. Sipple: Here's hoping Alberts is inclined toward staying out of Frost's staff decisions
- Picks against the spread, over/under for Arizona-UW, USC-Notre Dame and other Pac-12 matchups
- Number of Arkansans employed rose 3.5% in September, jobless rate falls to 4%
- The Other Side: Q&A with New Mexico beat writer Steve Virgen
- Danica McKellar on the ‘Wonder Years’ Reunion in ‘You, Me & The Christmas Trees’ (VIDEO)
- New Mexico at Wyoming: Storylines