Mena Regional Health System’s first vaccine recipient, Dr. Swonger, received his second dose of COVID-19 vaccination as scheduled. He noted that he did not have any reaction or side effects of the first vaccine beyond some soreness in the arm around the injection site. He added, “I hope many in the community decide to get the vaccine as it becomes available.” - Within the state of Arkansas, in Phase 1-A, 194,000 doses of the vaccine have been received to date, and have been administered to nearly 59,000 to health care workers, long-term care facility residents and staff. EMS and law-enforcement officers and firefighters have also been included as first-responders. Phase 1-B, which is planned to begin Jan. 18 includes people who are at least 70 years of age, teachers and school staff, food and agricultural workers, firefighters and law enforcement that were not included in 1-A. It will also include manufacturing workers, grocery store employees, public transportation workers, child care workers, and essential workers in government, including legislators .Phase 1-C will include people at least 65 years of age, people ages 16-64 with high-risk medical conditions, and a number of other categories. (Photo courtesy of Jessica Smith)
Purchase a Subscription
- Malvern refuses to play, costs Ladycats conference title
- Suddenlink battling flurry of lawsuits
- Razorbacks ranked for first time since 2018
- SWEPCO has begun temporarily interrupting power
- Quorum court to consider fire district amendment
- Cottage housing, hybrid voting ordinances move forward
- Mena Star distribution delayed due to inclement weather
- Ark. man dies after falling into frozen pond trying to rescue calf
- Frozen pipes cause massive water damage at Miller County Courthouse
- Outside officers who work Badgers football games to face extra checks, UW police say
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive an email when a new e-Edition is posted? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Looking for a loved one?
- Attorney General Rutledge proposes The GIRLS Act
- Kim Kardashian West has 'different vision of the word' to estranged husband Kanye West
- Rachel Bilson: Being a parent is 'No. 1' for her and ex Hayden Christensen
- Naomi Campbell: 2021 will be an amazing year
- Ellie Goulding debuts baby bump
- Shailene Woodley's engagement ring worth $90,000
- Jamie Dornan sings sad songs in shower
- Clive Davis diagnosed with Bell's palsy