Mayor Seth Smith signed a proclamation designating September 2020 as Suicide Prevention and Recovery Month in Mena, AR. The proclamation is to raise awareness that the benefits of preventing and overcoming mental health challenges, suicide attempts and loss, and substance abuse are significant and valuable to individuals, families and our community at large. Local citizens are encouraged to recognize the signs of a problem and guide those in need to appropriate services. For more information contact Senior Behavioral Health at 479-394-7400, Cedar Haven Outpatient Behavioral Health at 479-243-2380, or New Vision Drug and Alcohol Medical Stabilization at 479-243-2280. Pictured are Sue Cavner and Sara Mitchell- Senior Behavioral Health and Cedar Haven, Mayor Seth Smith, Kevin Merriott and Bethany Hughes - New Vision. (Photo courtesy of the City of Mena)
Purchase a Subscription
- Mena Police and Southwest EMS called out - Unattended Death
- Mena Police Department Report - Sept. 20 - Sept. 26
- Tiny house raffle to benefit CASA of Northeast Texas
- Sheriff's Log - September 21 - September 27.
- Polk County Sheriff's Report, Aug. 31 - Sept. 6. 2020
- Fatal ATV Accident
- Texarkana Airport receives millions of dollars in federal money
- Mena Police Department Report, Aug. 30 - Sept 5, 2020
- OBITUARY: Steven Mel Heath
- Mena Basscats Season Opener
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive an email when a new e-Edition is posted? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Looking for a loved one?
- Return of the MAC: Former Region stars thrilled to start college football careers
- Steven M. Sipple: Mindful of barren stadiums, Chinander wise to emphasize energy on 'D'
- Duchess Meghan: Nothing I say is 'controversial'
- Kristin Cavallari 'thankful' she split from Jay Cutler during lockdown
- Jennifer Aniston thinking about retiring
- As practices continue, Boise State still waiting on a schedule
- Red Report: Receiver depth emerging; NU embracing schedule; Joseph catching up
- Huskers' Fisher talks openly about transferred DBs, COVID-19's toll and 'fear' of unknowns