Acorn FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America) began participating in a community service project in September. They decided in August that they wanted to visit a nursing home each month because so many residents do not have family who can. The students decided that they would go to Peach Tree Assisted Living Facility. They began working with the Activities Coordinator at Peach Tree to asses what their needs were. It was decided that the residents would love to have a game night. Every month they have hosted a board game night. In December, they played board games and sang Christmas carols. This past Saturday, they hosted a Senior Prom. They will continue to go to Peach Tree for game night through May. This project has been an amazing experience for everyone involved. The students enjoy it as much as the residents do. It has truly been an experience that has connected the generations.
Purchase a Subscription
- ARKANSAS BANKS PROACTIVELY ADDRESSING COVID-19 IMPACTS IN ARKANSAS
- Union County, Ark. reports first case of COVID-19
- COVID-19 case confirmed in Polk County
- Wickes Man Arrested On Rape Charges In Utah
- Number of COVID-19 cases increases to 118 in Arkansas
- Texarkana groups help feed seniors isolated by the coronavirus
- Texarkana Chamber helps businesses through COVID-19 pandemic
- A look at how cancellations from COVID-19 could impact Alabama athletics financially
- State of Emergency declared for Polk County
- Mena Regional Health System Update on the COVID-19 Outbreak
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive an email when a new e-Edition is posted? Signup today!
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!
Looking for a loved one?
- Cardi B plans GoFundMe page for Tiger King star Joe Exotic
- Keke Palmer quit Raya after one date
- As running backs are devalued, Packers' Aaron Jones enters a contract year full of uncertainty
- Tom Hanks gives health update after Covid-19 diagnosis
- Arizona Wildcats add JuCo lineman Sam Langi for 2020
- Trump sends '70,000-ton message of hope' to New York
- Trump considers quarantine of N.Y., New Jersey, Connecticut; Gov. Cuomo pans idea
- Where are they now: Ben Weaver finding success in the financial world