On Thursday June 25th, 2020 at 11:57 a.m. the Mena Fire Department was dispatched for a passerby reporting smoke showing from roof of a residence located at 1107 9th Street. Upon arrival at 12:02 firefighters forced entry to the structure, located a small fire confined to a bedroom then extinguished the flames and discovered the body of Leonid (Leo) Avram Yuspeh age 69 of the home. Mr. Yuspeh had died from smoke inhalation. The cause of the fire is believed to have been related to several appliances plugged into a multiplug extension cord.

The fire department responded with three apparatus and 16 personnel. Mena Police Department, Southwest EMS, and Polk County Coroner assisted. The fire department cleared the scene at 1:35p.m

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.